In India every EPFO/central Government/State Government pension holders need to visit Bank Branches or the treasury office in the month of November so that they can submit the life certificate (Jeevan Pramaan Certificate) .
If there is a delay in Submission of life certificate pension will be stopped from December month till the time life certificate is submitted. Pensioners who are very old or have any physical issues are unable to submit the life certificates on time.
This year 2020 government has relaxed the timelines for submission of life certificate till December 31st looking at the covid pandemic situation which can impact the elder population.
Where the age of pensioner is more than 80 years old they can submit the life certificate from 1st October till end of November each year. Time has been extended till December 31st 2020 for the year 2020.
In the current scenario of COVID-19 pandemic, the EPFO has facilitated multiple options for EPS pensioners to submit their DLC [digital life certificate], close to their home or at their door step. In addition to the 135 regional offices and 117 district offices of EPFO, EPS pensioners can now submit DLC at pension disbursing bank branch and nearest post offices.
It can also be submitted at nation-wide network of over 3.65 lakh Common Services Centres. Apart from this, the pensioners can also submit the DLC using the UMANG app,” EPFO said. The pensioners can now submit online request for availing doorstep DLC service on payment of a nominal fee.
There is one more good news for Pensioners from Post office. Pensioners of Central Government, state government, EPFO or any other government organizations can take benefit of this facility at doorstep or at any post offices.
A postman from the nearest post office will visit a pensioner and complete the process of generating the DLC at the home of the pensioner only.
Steps are as follows:
- Download postinfo app from Google Playstore
- Go to Service Request ( you can go to website as well http://ccc.cept.gov.in/covid/request.aspx)
- Submit Name, Address, Pin code and Mobile Number
- Select IPPB Service Type – Jeevan Pramaan ( Digital Life Certificate) Generation
- After confirmation of OTP the request for DLC will be forwarded to the nearest post office based on the pincode given by the service.
- Within 48 hours a postman or Grameen Dak sevak will be assigned to collect Digital Life certificate (Jeevan Pramaan) from home after seeking a convenient time from the pensioner.
- Keep Aadhar number, Pension Payment Order (PPO) number, details of pension disbursing agency ready when the postman/ Grameen Dak Sevak will visit pensioner.
- The postman/ Grameen Dak Sevak will fill all the information and scan the fingerprint of the pensioner through his device to generate life certificate digitally.
- If Digital Life certificate is generated successfully then fees need to be paid in cash only to the postman/ Grameen Dak Sevak.
- After successful generation of Digital life certificate it will be automatically forwarded to the pension disbursing authority.
- Pensioner will not be required to visit the pension disbursing authority.
- Pension disbursing authority will confirm the acceptance Digital life certificate through SMS within the T+2 days on the mobile number linked to the bank account.
- Ensure that pension account is linked to the Aadhar number.
Please visit https://ippbonline.com/ which is an official website for Indian Post payment Bank where you can get more details about the process.
The facility to submit life certificates online through Jeevan Pramaan portal (https://jeevanpramaan.gov.in/) was launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in November 2014. In this portal there is a lot of information related to Digital Life certificate.